The bronze maker Antonin Petitot started his company in 1878. His son Henri took over in 1917. They had their own shop in Paris but were primarily wholesalers, selling their lamps to shops all over France, Europe and the States. Together with Hettier & Vincent they became the largest producer of French art deco lighting in the early 1930s. Petitot produced precious fixtures in high quality heavy bronze with shades from the best French glass manufacturers such as Sabino, Muller Freres, Degue and Schneider.