Rinck has been active as a design and architecture firm since 1841 when Jean Rinck, a cabinetmaker, opened the first workshop. The reputation of Rinck grew at the turn of the century, when Eugene Rinck established a collection of ancient reproductions, which won regard for their craftsmanship. Under the tutelage of Maurice Rinck, the company participated in the burgeoning Art Deco movement. In 1937, along with Lucie Renault, Rinck designed furniture for the Exposition Internationale des Arts et Techniques dans la Vie Moderne in Paris, winning the Médaille d'or de l'innovation.
The success of the company did not abate and in 1958 Maurice Rinck, in collaboration with Louis Sognot, won Grand Prix at the World Exhibition of Brussels - tied with Citroen and Dior. The opening of a Paris gallery in 1973 began to establish a broader base of customers. The firm became known for their mix of traditional and forward thinking designs. In the 1980s, the company focused their attention on one-of-a-kind designs and design commissions for royalty and grand hotels. Rinck's work continues to this day, and in 2003 they were labelled an Entreprise du Patrimoine Vivant (Company of Living Heritage).